Gecko Programmes are offering a number of free ‘bite sized’ courses to people working in creative industries in the Greater Birmingham & Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership area.
The work is funded by the UK government’s ‘Skills Support for the Workforce’ initiative via the European Social Fund. Their next courses are on Marketing.
Making Digital Marketing Work For You Commences on Tuesday, 11 November for 4 sessions. A single unit is taken from the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Marketing, allowing you to study the theory and practice of using digital marketing for your business.
You will find out about:
- The role of digital media
- The use of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- The requirements of marketing research using the internet
- The uses of digital marketing devices and messages
- How to use digital technology for marketing purposes
Making Marketing Work for you Commences on Thursday, 13 November for 12 sessions. Working towards accredited units from the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Marketing qualification, you will study both the theory and practice of marketing for your business, including:
- How and why markets are segmented
- The value of marketing, including the importance of branding
- The impact of socially responsible marketing
- How to decide if marketing research is needed
- How to choose appropriate research methods
- Principles of data collection and how to interpret and evaluate the data collected
- An understanding of the relationship between sales and marketing
Please note: There is no charge for this training, however all candidates must commit to undertaking a FREE business training needs analysis with Gecko Programmes.