Domestic Abuse Worker – Domestic Abuse Project
I have been working with W.A.I.T.S. for nearly ten years; so I have lots of experience in working with women effected by domestic violence issues.
I have completed a range of useful training courses. I am able to speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Hack, and I use these abilities to support women from the Chinese community; a massively under-represented group of women.
I support women from all backgrounds, however. I have developed the skills to be resourceful and flexible in my approach to my clients, and am experienced in giving advice and support.
I am a naturally empathetic and compassionate person, and use these traits to build good relationships with my clients. I am open-minded, supportive and, most important of all, have that desire to do something to make a difference to people’s life.
My role involves supporting women who have experienced domestic abuse/violence in the past, or who are currently experiencing domestic abuse/violence. I provide advocacy, guidance, advice and support with a range of issues. A particular focus of the role is to resettle women into safe properties, so that they can rebuild their lives free from the threat of violence or abuse.
I also signpost women to appropriate agencies, and support them through this process. Examples of the types of agencies I refer to include drug and alcohol teams, family support services, legal services and mental health agencies.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone – 0121 713 1671
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support