Mentor to CEO Marcia Lewinson
I am a volunteer mentor to Marcia Lewinson through the Lloyds Bank Foundation, and also a ‘Friend of WAITS’.
My role as mentor is to be a critical friend to Marcia, acting as a sounding board for thoughts ideas and challenges.
In my ‘day job’ I am a senior executive within the Retail Banking division at the Lloyds Banking Group.
WAITS CEO says, “Since winning our award, we have received amazing support from Lloyds. My Coach, Jo Harris, has supported us through offering one to one support to myself, and in organising fundraising events for WAITS. In addition to this, being nationally recognised by one of our funders has strengthened our reputation as the go-to organisation for women suffering domestic abuse”.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support