I am an Additional Learning Support Worker for Birmingham Metropolitan College, working with Special Needs students aged 16-18 years.
Prior to this I spent many years in the Social Housing business working as Housing Director and part of an Executive Team. I have extensive experience in the delivery of Housing Services to customers including Resident Involvement and Asset Management.
I was involved in managing a diverse workforce, as well as deciding Strategy and Visioning for the organisation. I also have extensive experience of sitting on Boards.
My passion throughout my working life has been to make a difference to people’s lives both for customers and staff.
All this experience is used to help support Board discussions at WAITS.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support