For the past 20 years I have worked within HR Management for a variety of organisations, including Network Rail, a Community Interest company, Housing and Manufacturing companies.
My experience has covered a wide range of HR issues, recruitment, retention, occupational health, absence management, change management and training. I have been able to support W.A.I.T.S over the years with recruitment campaigns with job descriptions and sitting on the interview panel. I have also been able to advise on job performance.
I was most fortunate to be introduced to W.A.I.T.S by a mutual friend and started volunteering and was able to see first hand the important work that was being done and difference the services are making to all the clients, by giving them a chance to enhance their lives with fair and equal treatment.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support