My name is Sally Bateman and I am currently the Chair of WAITS. Prior to my retirement I worked for many years for a Charity based in Northfield set up to support emerging and established community groups. It was through this work that I became involved with WAITS and for many years I was their bookkeeper.
I have always been passionate about the work WAITS does in supporting and empowering women to make positive changes in their lives and am proud to be a Trustee.
There have been many changes in the charitable field since WAITS started, funding streams come and go, new initiatives rise and fall but there has been no fall in the demand for the services WAITS provide for women and their families.
Throughout my involvement with WAITS I have seen the impact it has had on so many women’s lives helping them to make the changes they needed to enrich their lives.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support