Support Worker – CIP Project
I am a passionate and experienced member of staff working with Female ex-offenders and those at risk of offending.
I received a BA (hons) in Criminology and Psychology. A key focus of this degree was analysing how successful services were at reintegrating women back into their communities after being released from prison. This motivated me to pursue a further career in this area, after findings showed vulnerable women to have very little support.
For some time, I mentored Women offenders and during this time I witnessed that simply listening, understanding and empowering these women to make positive decisions and change attitudes and behaviours was hugely beneficial to their progression and reducing re-offending.
I have work experience also in the Mental Health and Domestic abuse sectors.
My role involves supporting women who have offended in the past, or who are at risk of offending/re-offending. I provide advocacy, guidance, advice and support with a range of issues, for example; housing, benefits, employment.
I also signpost women to appropriate agencies, and support them through this process. Examples of the types of agencies I refer to include drug and alcohol teams, family support services, legal services and mental health agencies.
Email – TWSupport@waitsaction.org
Telephone – 0121 713 1674
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support