Image Credit : Free Range Stock – Jack Moreh
Who is suitable for referral to the DA Service?
Any women who has experienced, or is currently experiencing, domestic abuse.
Domestic abuse isn’t just being punched or kicked by a partner, there are a range of things that people can do to abuse others, which have little or nothing to do with physical violence.
Things to bear in mind
- The abuse is not your fault; you are not responsible for someone else’s actions
- You do not have the ability to change your partner
- 1 in every 4 women will experience domestic abuse at some point in their lives; you are not alone!
- Domestic violence is against the law, and new laws to protect you are being established
- We are here to support you
Keeping yourself safe
You may be reading this feeling that you are not ready to leave, or need some time to think about what steps you want to take. Or, you may have made the decision to leave. Either way, your safety is the priority!
Refuge.org.uk provides some very useful information for keeping safe whatever your circumstances.