On 23 October WAITS was featured in an hour-long lunch time radio show “The truth behind Domestic Abuse” on the Caroline Martin show BBC radio WM, and fundraising evening raises £2,550.Read More
Author: Site Admin Team
The intersection of violence, abuse and mental health is under-studied in low and middle-income countries. A King’s College Official Development Research Partnership grant enabled an inaugural meeting of researchers in 2019.Read More
Cameras have been rolling on a new film dealing with issues surrounding domestic abuse. The Saleem Foundation were making a film about domestic abuse with young actors.Read More
Luke and Ryan Hart found out their dad had murdered their mother Claire and sister Charlotte – and then killed himself – via a BBC news alert. It was July 2016 and neither son lived in England at the time.Read More
Domestic abusers and stalkers should be forced to sign a national register like sex offenders, a cross-party parliamentary report has said. They should be monitored, giving protection to victims who live in fear of their tormentors.Read More
The lovely Mark Birch, a Commercial Insurance Account Executive from APlan Insurance, completed a fundraising Skydive for the WAITS which supports vulnerable women caught up in a cycle of domestic violence.Read More
Please note that 100% accuracy cannot always be guaranteed.
Get Our e-Newsletter
Signup today - It's FREE!
- UK's official rough sleeping numbers 'far lower than reality'
- Abdul Momen obituary
- Push review – searing study of the global housing crisis
- Building new homes on land prone to flooding 'making damage worse'
- Combustible cladding: protesters call on Boris Johnson to end crisis
- Nicholas Burton: ‘I only want to get to the truth about the Grenfell Tower fire’
- Health inequalities are widening and society is fractured. Here’s a solution | David Brindle