WAITS board and Senior Management Team have been looking towards our future goals despite the difficult funding climate. Spurred on by our 25th Anniversary coming up in November 2018.Read More
Author: Site Admin Team
Our first newsletter in 2017 contained a plea for help in raising funds for a new refuge to support women in need of safe confidential accommodation fleeing domestic abuse. “We’ve done it”Read More
You are invited to contribute to the Shadow Report to the United Nations on The British Government response to eliminating violence against women. This event takes place on n Monday 26 February 2018.Read More
On the 29th March CEO Marcia Lewinson was invited by the Prime Minister to attend a reception for civil Society at 10 Downing Street, (‘Celebrating Civil Society in the Midlands Reception’).Read More
WAITS is working in Partnership with umbrellahealth.co.uk so that its domestic abuse services will now include safe and confidential sexual health screening and support to access Umbrella Sexual Health Services.Read More
International Women’s Day was a busy month for WAITS! On 8 March 2017 in partnership Crisis Homeless Charity we ran a career’s day for our clients. The day involved a Career coach giving one to one carers advice to our clients.Read More
Get Our e-Newsletter
- Berkeley's liberal image in question amid homeless crisis: 'The soul of our city is at stake'
- High court victory for group seeking to build 'black Canary Wharf'
- Councils' powers to remove Grenfell-style cladding 'useless'
- Standing at the Sky’s Edge review – Richard Hawley's ode to Sheffield estate
- Danish billionaires plan to rewild large swath of Scottish Highlands
- Report calls for reform of 'unhealthy' land ownership in Scotland
- 'It could be terrible for us': how one British high street is preparing for Brexit