The Covid-19 pandemic has led to a 20% rise in domestic abuse. WAITS staff have been operating throughout the pandemic – supporting, advocating, and empowering service users.Read More
Author: Site Admin Team
To help celebrate International Women’s Day (March 8th) and Mother’s Day (March 14th) treat the special woman in your life to join WAITS for our Exclusive Online Fundraising Event.Read More
Calls about a child’s welfare to the NSPCC’s helpline have jumped by 50% over the the pandemic, the charity has said. The NSPCC is receiving 30+ calls a day from grown-ups worried about a child.Read More
The EHRC has released a new briefing for Committee Stage of the Domestic Abuse Bill in the House of Lords. This second briefing focusses on amendments to improve protections for survivors in the courts.Read More
If you are controlled or physically, sexually, economically or emotionally abused by a partner, ex-partner or family member, this is domestic abuse. Household isolation rules do not apply. #youarenotaloneRead More
You can easily help raise money to support our critical work with vulnerable women, simply by doing something that we all do on a regular basis… Our shopping.Read More
Translate This Site
Please note that 100% accuracy cannot always be guaranteed.
Get Our e-Newsletter
Signup today - It's FREE!
- Cush Jumbo, Predatory marriage, Equality in 2021, Tall women and dating, Sexual assault, consent and 'grey areas'
- Tall women and dating, Vicky Featherstone on Maryland, Blackfishing, Equality in housework, Keisha the Sket
- Singer, Sophie Ellis-Bextor; Breast reconstruction delays; Urban hermits; Predatory marriage;
- Lucy Mangan, Girls & Education in Afghanistan, Sexual Assault, Consent & 'Grey Areas'
- Cush Jumbo on playing Hamlet; Reaction to our equality poll; Day of the Scientist