Support Worker – Domestic Abuse Project
For most of my career I have worked for charities or non-profit organisation which I find rewarding as I feel I am giving back to the community. I have a BA (Hons) in Sociology and Criminal Justice and I also have a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
I have supported women from all backgrounds for a number of years and I have used my skills, knowledge and abilities that I have learnt from working in alcohol, homelessness, substance misuse and probation services to support them.
I believe in empowering women to overcome their personal challenges, whilst taking an empathetic and understanding approach to their situation and needs. I have a passion for working with people and helping them to gain a positive outlook and get their lives back on track.
My role involves supporting women who have experienced domestic abuse/violence in the past, or who are currently experiencing domestic abuse/violence. I provide advocacy, guidance, advice and support with a range of issues. A particular focus of the role is to resettle women into safe properties, so that they can rebuild their lives free from the threat of violence or abuse.
I also signpost women to appropriate agencies, and support them through this process. Examples of the types of agencies I refer to include drug and alcohol teams, family support services, legal services and mental health agencies.
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 0121 713 1673
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support