Senior Domestic Abuse Worker – Domestic Abuse Project
I have been working with W.A.I.T.S. for nearly ten years; so I have lots of experience in working with women effected by domestic violence issues.
I have completed a range of useful training courses. I am able to speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Hack, and I use these abilities to support women from the Chinese community; a massively under-represented group of women.
I support women from all backgrounds, however. I have developed the skills to be resourceful and flexible in my approach to my clients, and am experienced in giving advice and support.
I am a naturally empathetic and compassionate person, and use these traits to build good relationships with my clients. I am open-minded, supportive and, most important of all, have that desire to do something to make a difference to people’s life.
My role involves supporting women who have experienced domestic abuse/violence in the past, or who are currently experiencing domestic abuse/violence. I provide advocacy, guidance, advice and support with a range of issues. A particular focus of the role is to resettle women into safe properties, so that they can rebuild their lives free from the threat of violence or abuse.
I also signpost women to appropriate agencies, and support them through this process. Examples of the types of agencies I refer to include drug and alcohol teams, family support services, legal services and mental health agencies.
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 0121 440 1443
W.A.I.T.S. Vision and Mission
- Nuture a society where women are safe, valued and fulfilled
- Empowering women to make positive choices in their own lives
- Empowering – We empower clients and staff
- Clients and Value – We are client-focused and deliver holistic, quality services that provide value for money
- Dignity and Respect – We treat people with dignity and respect
- Integrity and Honesty – We act with integrity and honesty
- Innovation – We are innovative, using creative solutions to meet challenges
- Diverse Communities – We respect and value the diversity of people in our communities and are committed to fair access to services for all