Transition Support Worker – Community Integration Project
Having worked within the social care sector for a number of years, I have always had the commitment and drive to facilitate positive change.
My previous roles have given me the opportunity to support a variety of individuals with complex needs. This includes those with mental health, addictions, involvement in the criminal justice system, homelessness and unemployment.
My role is to support female survivors of domestic abuse that are at risk of entering the criminal justice system or have an offending history. I work within prisons and across Birmingham to provide a through-the-gate service ensuring a smooth transition from custody to community.
Within my work, I aim to empower women and reduce risk factors by providing support around housing, benefits, employment opportunities and specialist services.
Email – TWSupport1@waitsaction.org
Switchboard – 0121 440 1443
W.A.I.T.S. Vision and Mission
- Nuture a society where women are safe, valued and fulfilled
- Empowering women to make positive choices in their own lives
- Empowering – We empower clients and staff
- Clients and Value – We are client-focused and deliver holistic, quality services that provide value for money
- Dignity and Respect – We treat people with dignity and respect
- Integrity and Honesty – We act with integrity and honesty
- Innovation – We are innovative, using creative solutions to meet challenges
- Diverse Communities – We respect and value the diversity of people in our communities and are committed to fair access to services for all