Darshan Singh Matharoo
Prior to his appointment as the Head of Regulation Darshan worked as a Consultant for his own company called DSM Housing Consultancy Ltd. Previously Darshan was Chief Executive of United Housing Association in Bristol and Director of Housing and Support Services at Beth Johnson Housing Group in Stoke-on-Trent.
He has also worked for the Housing Corporation (London HQ) as Assistant Director Investment, Birmingham City Council Housing and Social Services departments where he held a number of posts, such as, Community Safety Regeneration Manager, Area Housing Manager and Policy Officer.
Darshan is also an independent board member of the Pioneer Group in Birmingham and EPIC Housing Association in Stoke-on-Trent. He has also held non-executive directors positions with Chartered Institute of Housing, Sandwell Homes (3* ALMO) and Ashyanna Housing Association.
Darshan holds an MBA in Public Service from the University of Birmingham and is a Fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Housing.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support