Darshan Singh Matharoo
Prior to his appointment as the Head of Regulation Darshan worked as a Consultant for his own company called DSM Housing Consultancy Ltd. Previously Darshan was Chief Executive of United Housing Association in Bristol and Director of Housing and Support Services at Beth Johnson Housing Group in Stoke-on-Trent.
He has also worked for the Housing Corporation (London HQ) as Assistant Director Investment, Birmingham City Council Housing and Social Services departments where he held a number of posts, such as, Community Safety Regeneration Manager, Area Housing Manager and Policy Officer.
Darshan is also an independent board member of the Pioneer Group in Birmingham and EPIC Housing Association in Stoke-on-Trent. He has also held non-executive directors positions with Chartered Institute of Housing, Sandwell Homes (3* ALMO) and Ashyanna Housing Association.
Darshan holds an MBA in Public Service from the University of Birmingham and is a Fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Housing.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
W.A.I.T.S. Vision and Mission
- Nuture a society where women are safe, valued and fulfilled
- Empowering women to make positive choices in their own lives
- Empowering – We empower clients and staff
- Clients and Value – We are client-focused and deliver holistic, quality services that provide value for money
- Dignity and Respect – We treat people with dignity and respect
- Integrity and Honesty – We act with integrity and honesty
- Innovation – We are innovative, using creative solutions to meet challenges
- Diverse Communities – We respect and value the diversity of people in our communities and are committed to fair access to services for all