For the past 20 years I have worked within HR Management for a variety of organisations, including Network Rail, a Community Interest company, Housing and Manufacturing companies.
My experience has covered a wide range of HR issues, recruitment, retention, occupational health, absence management, change management and training. I have been able to support W.A.I.T.S over the years with recruitment campaigns with job descriptions and sitting on the interview panel. I have also been able to advise on job performance.
I was most fortunate to be introduced to W.A.I.T.S by a mutual friend and started volunteering and was able to see first hand the important work that was being done and difference the services are making to all the clients, by giving them a chance to enhance their lives with fair and equal treatment.
Summary of Board of Trustees
The board use their wealth of collective experience to help us to deliver top quality services. They also offer advice and guidance with important decisions regarding the direction of WAITS. The Board of Trustees are an invaluable source of expertise, which we utilise to ensure that WAITS offers a meaningful and valuable service to women.
W.A.I.T.S. Vision and Mission
- Nuture a society where women are safe, valued and fulfilled
- Empowering women to make positive choices in their own lives
- Empowering – We empower clients and staff
- Clients and Value – We are client-focused and deliver holistic, quality services that provide value for money
- Dignity and Respect – We treat people with dignity and respect
- Integrity and Honesty – We act with integrity and honesty
- Innovation – We are innovative, using creative solutions to meet challenges
- Diverse Communities – We respect and value the diversity of people in our communities and are committed to fair access to services for all