Support Worker – CIP Project
After finishing University, I started working within the drug and alcohol field in 2012 as a temp, but from then I found a passion for working with people in the community and supporting them to get their life back on track.
Now, working at WAITS, I want to provide the same support I have learnt throughout my previous roles to support women to achieve their goals.
Anyone who strives to positively change their lives will always make a difference.
My role involves supporting women who have offended in the past, or who are at risk of offending/re-offending. I provide advocacy, guidance, advice and support with a range of issues, for example; housing, benefits, employment.
I also signpost women to appropriate agencies, and support them through this process. Examples of the types of agencies I refer to include drug and alcohol teams, family support services, legal services and mental health agencies.
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 0121 713 1678
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support