If you don’t want anyone to know you have visited this website click here >
WAITS is an established charity which has worked with women for over 20 years.
We offer 3 key services which aim to support women to achieve their goals, feel empowered and gain independence.
“Women with the power to make and influence decisions and make positive change”
W.A.I.T.S works with other agencies to provide holistic support, ensuring that all of the individual’s needs are met. We also directly support women with the following services;
- The Domestic Abuse Service – supporting women who have experienced/are currently experiencing Domestic Abuse.
- The Community Integration Project (CIP) – supporting women who have offended in the past or who are at risk of offending/re-offending in the future.
- Women’s Refuge – supporting women who are fleeing from, or who are facing homelessness due to, domestic violence.
We support women, on a one to one basis, to address issues such as welfare benefits, resettlement/housing issues, domestic abuse, isolation, physical and mental health, crime, the fear of crime and much more. Unlike some other organisations, we are not time-bound, meaning we are able to offer ongoing support for as long as it is needed.
W.A.I.T.S. Additional Services
These services can be provided without other support, or whilst we continue to support you.
Signposting service: referral to appropriate agencies who specialise in any issues that are outside of our remit.
Befriending service: W.A.I.T.S has a dedicated group of befrienders. Sometimes all you will need is a friend to talk to, and this is what our trained befrienders provide.
Counselling service: We have an in-house counsellor, and good links with external counselling service providers.
- To help women take positive steps forward
- To be responsive to each individual’s needs
- To provide opportunities for all women
- To be supportive and helpful
- Empowering – Through our work we strive to enable women to think of their future and take back full control of their own lives
- Supporting – We provide emotional, practical and peer support for women who face challenges and barriers within their lives
- Progressing – We believe that women need their own time and space to build a secure and sustainable future for themselves
- Holistic – We help in every aspect of life, as well as providing a link to trusted agencies who can provide further support