Who is the service for?
- Women who may have been victims of domestic abuse or at risk of domestic abuse
- Women offenders, those at risk of offending
- Women in need of refuge
Please Note: All details submitted are held in the strictest confidence, and are only shared with any third parties in certain circumstances. See our privacy policies here.
The online referral options are currently unavailable – Apologies!
If you would like to refer to our services, please contact us by phone 0121 440 1443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic referral form.
Alternatively you can click the icon below and download our referral & risk assessment form. Please complete the form and send by email to email@example.com
What services do we offer?
- We offer floating support to women and those at risk of suffering domestic abuse in the community with or without children
- We offer safe and confidential refuge at our four Iona House locations
- Accommodation is for unaccompanied women fleeing domestic abuse, located in the heart of the community with communal facilities
You can be helped by the refuge if:
- You are aged 20 years or over
- You are female
- You have encountered domestic abuse or at risk of domestic abuse and require support to live independently
- You have a commitment to working with us and engaging with our support leading to a more stable way of life
- You want to move into a new property, resettle effectively and maintain independence
- You need support with re-housing to permanent accommodation
We cannot offer..
- Personal care services – such as bathing or giving medication
- Cleaning clients room
- Laundry services
- Giving lifts, shopping etc
What will happen next?
Once the referral and risk assessment forms have been received we will contact you within 5 working days to discuss the referral with you in a little more detail, and advise you if your client is eligible for our service.
If our service is not appropriate for your client we will advise on alternative services.
If our service is appropriate then we will arrange to interview the client with 5 days and we will advise you how long we anticipate before your client can access our service.
After we receive a self-referral call
When we receive your call or referral form we will contact you on a withheld number and ask if you can talk.
At this point, if you feel that you are exposed or being listened to) you can hang up or pretend we are just another nuisance call (we will go along with it).
When you are able to talk call us on 0121 440 1443 we will arrange an assessment appointment for you here at our office.
Address: 235 Dudley Road, Winson Green, Birmingham B18 4EJ
We aim to assess you within 48 hours of receiving the your call / referral.
The assessment involves a few questions around your suitability for for our services.