If you don’t want anyone to know you have visited this website click here >
WAITS is an established charity which has worked with women for over 20 years.
We offer 3 key services which aim to support women to achieve their goals, feel empowered and gain independence.
“Women with the power to make and influence decisions and make positive change”
W.A.I.T.S works with other agencies to provide holistic support, ensuring that all of the individual’s needs are met. We also directly support women with the following services;
- The Domestic Abuse Service – supporting women who have experienced/are currently experiencing Domestic Abuse.
- The Community Integration Project (CIP) – supporting women who have offended in the past or who are at risk of offending/re-offending in the future.
- Women’s Refuge – supporting women who are fleeing from, or who are facing homelessness due to, domestic violence.
We support women, on a one to one basis, to address issues such as welfare benefits, resettlement/housing issues, domestic abuse, isolation, physical and mental health, crime, the fear of crime and much more. Unlike some other organisations, we are not time-bound, meaning we are able to offer ongoing support for as long as it is needed.
W.A.I.T.S. Additional Services
These services can be provided without other support, or whilst we continue to support you.
Signposting service: referral to appropriate agencies who specialise in any issues that are outside of our remit.
Befriending service: W.A.I.T.S has a dedicated group of befrienders. Sometimes all you will need is a friend to talk to, and this is what our trained befrienders provide.
Counselling service: We have an in-house counsellor, and good links with external counselling service providers.
W.A.I.T.S. Vision and Mission
- Nuture a society where women are safe, valued and fulfilled
- Empowering women to make positive choices in their own lives
- Empowering – We empower clients and staff
- Clients and Value – We are client-focused and deliver holistic, quality services that provide value for money
- Dignity and Respect – We treat people with dignity and respect
- Integrity and Honesty – We act with integrity and honesty
- Innovation – We are innovative, using creative solutions to meet challenges
- Diverse Communities – We respect and value the diversity of people in our communities and are committed to fair access to services for all